William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

March 22, 2011

Spring is finally here!! for a day anyways....

I couldn't resist this cute hen nest display, it was only 50 cents :)

Good morning everyone! Second day of spring and at least it's better than yesterday cause today is sunny!! Can you believe though, tomorrow they are calling for a snow storm, 10- 15 cm of snow depending on the area. Yuck, I just want to put the snow pants and boots away. I'm liking seeing the grass underneath but not really loving my doggie clean up duty if you know what I mean! The birds are singing and chirping and I love getting up in the morning hearing my little banty rooster crowing :)
At least I have all kids back in school today that are suppose to be there, yesterday my oldest was home with a very sore throat and sore ear and loss of voice ( that can be a good thing when it comes to 15 yr olds, lol), but today she insisted on going so it's just me and my almost 5 yr old buddy Kaedyn.
I managed to escape the house after a long March break, I love being with the kids but not being able to take them anywhere because of the tire on my van having a hole in it made for a boring time. But, a few of them did go for sleepovers to friends houses so they had fun. Anyhow, Saturday I did go thrift shopping again. I found a few things. I got a little cabinet for 10 dollars and it has shelves in it. I want to paint it but I'm not sure what color. I was thinking a lighter blue and than staining it ontop to make it look older, but I have no clue. Any ideas anyone?

Well I guess I should go and get some chores done, I think I might even hang some laundry out on the line and the dreaded vacuuming needs to be done badly :P Of course these will wait until 'm done sipping my coffee with a wee bit of Irish Cream added to kick start my morning :)

Hope everyone is having a great morning!!

Hugs, Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment