William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

November 29, 2011

Rain Blah....

Well, Monday is over already, the weekend went by way too fast...it seems that this year has flwon by way too quickly! I am hoping that all of my American friends had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving holiday with their family and friends!
The forcast here for the next few days is rain...yuck! Than possibly snow :P i know we have lucked out so far this November, it's been relatively mild with only a few really chilly days but I am sure not looking forward to seeing white stuff.
I was forutunate to have the house to myself on Saturday, hubby took the kids to the inlaws for the day since he was helping his dad put up siding on their new home. Although it was peaceful, it became kind of boring... I look forward to some quiet time without the kids but it ends up feeling strange not having to hear them bickering or pestering me every second for this or that. I must sound lame, lol. Oh well, I did manage to put the Christmas tree up minus the decorations. I am waiting for Autumn the kitty and Roxy the beagle to get used to the tree since this is their first Christmas. I am so glad I did that because the tree has been knocked down a few times with the branches pulled out ( thank goodness for artificial trees!) and Roxy is stealing scented bowl fillers and my Christmas picks that I have places in my crocks and chews them, especially the pinecones, lol. I can honestly say this is going to be an interesting holiday season :)
Little by little I will pull out the decorations and get them set up. I am almost finished my Christmas shopping...yippee, and its not even December yet!! Kaedyn is being a bugger and sneaking peaks at the presents and contantly searching for them. I think I will wrap them up and store them at grandmas ( well I already told the kids daddy took them there, lol) ...uggh, there always has to be one kid that tries to spoil it :(
my daugher Alexis finally got her first job and is working at the Durham farmers Co-Op, she started 3 weeks ago. She is so happy and works hard and the pay cheque is good! she has also been responsible enough to pay me back for some of the money she has borrowed lately and is excited to be able to buy Christmas presents with her own money. I am so very proud of her and things have been so much better between us lately :)

Well, I guess I should go put some more wood on the stove and try and get some sleep, listening to the rain fall on this old tin roof...it is comforting :) I am hoping to be back on here to post again this week if all goes well!

Have a blessed week everyone and take care,

Hugs, Trish

3 comments:

  1. Morning Trish. It has rained so much here that I had to cancel cards at my house because of it. I laughed when I read you liked being alone for a while, but missed the noise. I think that is called MOTHER! I remember those same feelings. Couldn't enjoy it for wishing they would all hurry back home. Have a wonderful week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...rain on a tin roof and a wood fire...you're making me sleepy and it's only 3 in the afternoon! ;o) Sounds like you have a great start on the holiday....I'm struggling just to get fall/Halloween put away before December 24th....Fear we won't be having much of decorating, baking or shopping this year. It'll be a first for me - and I know I'll miss it, but too many other things taking priority right now. Hope your week is off to a good start....Good to hear from you....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trish. I am glad you got some quiet time to yourself. I pray every day for that. My kid drive me bonkers sometimes. But, you are right, after a while it would get boring. I am happy you have a wood stove. That would be so cozy. I just have electric and it does ok. Good luck with your pets and the decor. I think it's funny your tree has been knocked over twice. Although I bet you don't:) -Steph-

    ReplyDelete