William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

December 09, 2011

It's beginning to look like winter...

Hello friends,

It's chilly here and we are covered with the dreaded white stuff. I do believe winter has finally arrived and I am gearing up to be holed up in the house for a few months. As you can tell, I am not a fan of winter. You would think that being a Canadian, I should be used to it, but I'm not young anymore, and the cold weather bothers my joints and I hate driving on messy roads. I detest having to bundle up to go out and do the chores. If I had my way, it would be white for Christmas and than all the snow can disappear! I think I am complaining to much, lol. This year I am having my son Noah help me out with bringing in the wood when he gets home from school, it's too hard on my back. He hasn't complained so far and it's giving him some responsibilty on helping with the family chores. Brynn and Kaedyn like to help him too even though it's only one piece of wood at a time that they can carry.
Our Christmas decorations are almost all up, the tree is decorated, I had to finally do it becasue it was just looking too plain. Autumn the kitty is being not so bad with it, she has oonly climbed it a handful of times since all the decorations were put on. Our outdoor lights are up, not a whole lot ( trying to save on electricity), but the snow is making them look pretty. I wish I could figure out how to load pictures on this laptop... One of these days!
So what else have I been up too? Not much, lol. I am taking it easy, or trying to :) Just getting through the daily routine is enough for me. I did try to dry out sliced oranges and apples....on top of my wood stove and they turned out great! I did however get some odd looks form hubby and the kids and got asked why I was wasting costly fruit just to dry them out...they just don't get it :( My 16 yr old daughter looked at them and said they would be neat strung up on the fireplace....could it be, she is finally understanding the way I think and what I like?? There is always hope :)
It's going going to be a busy weekend and the next 2 weeks are going to be a blur. Saturday night we are going to a charity hockey game in Peterborough between the NHL Allumini and the local Police. The kids are excited and Rhys has been talking about it for weeks now. Than there are Christmas school concerts to go to and last minute gift shopping etc. I am hoping I will get everything done on time. I hate wrapping on Christmas eve cause I get no help...hubby falls asleep on the couch and doesn't wake up until all the presents are under the tree and Santa has made his visit :P

Well, I think I have bored you all enough. I need to get to bed, morning comes to soon. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend and I will be stopping by to read your blogs. I am having problems commenting on many of them but know that I am still enjoying reading them all :)

Take care, hugs, Trish

4 comments:

  1. Winter has arrived here too - we were at -11 degrees when I went to bed last night. And I've never been a fan of winter - EVER! Sounds like you have your Christmas preparations under control - here not so much - I'm still shooing black cats out of the living room. ;o) Hope you have a great weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost smell the oranges and apples. Always have wanted a wood burning stove for my home. Maybe someday. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking of you. Hope all is well. I can smell those oranges and apples on the woodstove now. Yummy! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas! Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish, I need your address, been thinking of you. My email Lecia123@verizon.net

    thanks,
    Lecia

    ReplyDelete