William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

December 23, 2011

I made it back before Christmas Eve! Well, I knew I wouldn't have time to post tomorrow night, so here I am :) We may just have a white Christmas afterall. last night we got a bit of snow, it wasn't suppose to stick but it was way colder and windyer than the weatherman forecasted so the snow is still here...not much but enough to give the ground a light dusting. Now it seems more like Christmas time :)
Santa is stopping by tomorrow evening before the kids go to bed. The kind grandpa of the new neighbors asked me yesterday if he could come by for visit, he dresses up as Santa for his grandchildren every year. We have never had anyone do that for us before, so it should be a treat! The kids sure will be surprised! I got ahead start on my baking tonight, a blueberry pie and a lemon pie are baked, and my cranberry sauce is made. tomorrow night I will cook the ham, the less I have to cook on Christmas day, the better! I think I will bake some scotch cookies with the kids tomorrow as well, a simple recipe, but oh so good, and something for them to snack on :) I have all my presents wrapped, not under the tree yet due to Roxy..hmm, may have to put her in her crate over night Christmas Eve, or keep her in our room, so nothing ends up under the couch since that is where her stash of random items are found destroyed, lol. Hubby has yet to wrap his presents, hope he doesn't fall asleep early as usual or he's in trouble! He does that every year, falls asleep by 9 or 10 Christmas Eve and wakes up after Santa has stopped by and delivered his goodies...do you know hard it is to do all that stuff on your own without a lookout person to warn you if someone wake up?? I think we will have game night or rent a movie for the evening and if we have time before, visit Bowmanville to see a subdivision that always amazes the public with their wonderful lit up houses. Every year at Christmas time this occurs and there is a constant line up of traffic that goes through the subdivision to view the beautiful lights and hard work these wonderful homeowners display.
Well, I think my bed is calling me, will be a busy day tomorrow etting odds and ends done, cleaning, which I have already done alot of so I am delegating the rest to the kids to do :) And last minute food to buy etc.
So I am wishing all my wonderful blogging friends a Very merry Christmas, full of wonderful memories, time spent with family and friends, good food and don't forget what the true meaning of Christmas is! From our home tou yours, safe travels wherever you may be!

Love, hugs, and blessings, Trish,James,Alexis,Noah,Rhys,Brynn and Kaedyn Boyd
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment