William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

August 11, 2010

Well, after a cooler, less humid weekend, we are back to stinking hot weather, lol. Saturday evening as we were sitting around our campfire, I recall wearing my fleece coat which I wear in the winter and it got down to 9 degrees. Great for sleeping :) Well, now the temps are as high as 40 with the humidity and our 3 air conditioners are going full blast during the day but I try to alternate them. The steel roof in our home really draws in the heat :(. It's so hot that I don't let my kids outside as the air quality sucks, even in the country and the smog...... I remember 20 years ago laying out in the sun, never a care in the world and tolerating this heat... I must be getting old cause this heat makes me feel ill! blah!
So over the weekend nothing much happened, hubby was supposed to work ( he does septic tanks, eww yuck..stinky, but someone has to do it), but the brakes went on our truck so he had to fix them. He already works long hours during the week so it wasn't a big loss not going in on Saturday :) If anyone has septic/holding tanks, think of the workers who have to clean them cause in this heat, it isn't sweet, lol. Than on Sunday, it was rainy and stormy so my loving hubby told me to go and buy a crock that I wanted....he took care of the kids so I went!! Who in their right mind is gonna turn down a chance to escape the house and go shopping...not me!! So I bought a bean pot with a lid, a small enamelware dish which is now in my bathroom as a soap dish an antique wooden butter press. I think my husband should think twice before letting me outta the house again, haha. Anyhow, since it's August and autumn is just around the corner, and the kids go back to school (yay!!), yes I love my kids but it's been a long hot summer and being stuck in the house with 5 of them hasn't always been pleasant!), I got the urge to make a candle tonight. A nice pumpkin custard mason jar candle and oh it smells nice, good enough to eat, lol. I have found a wonderful seller on ebay who I have been purchasing scents from for almost a year now, and she never disappoints me and even my son walked by this candle and said that it was the best smelling one I have made yet :) I am so looking forward to making more candles soon, I just ordered more wicks and wax as I'm running low! And last week, I received my wonderful purchases from Hillcrest Home Prims and I absolutely LOVE them, thankyou so much Tricia!! So now, I'm, patiently waiting for my APP magazine to arrive, the suspense is killing me, lol,, but as the saying goes... good things come to those who wait! :)

I guess I should be heading off to bed, it's almost 2 am so until next time, God Bless,

~Hugs, Trish

2 comments:

  1. Hi Trish. I'm just catching up with your blog now. I have been so incredibly busy this past few weeks I haven't even logged in to my own blog :( Thanks for posting the pics of your curtains. I really like them. I found out that the Walmart in our area is no longer going to be selling fabric. So I have to get up there and buy up whatever cheesecloth they have SOON. I love the crock in your earlier post. You had that in your basement all this time?? Isn't it amazing what we have that we don't even really think about. I'm with you in wishing fall would hurry up and get here. The humidity this year has been unreal. I long for crisp mornings and falling leaves. Anyway, Happy candle making...and hope to drop by again soon.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comment. I too love finding other Ontario bloggers. I'm very happy to find an APP fan too. It is very late here too, so I'll be back soon. I became a follower so I can keep up to date in google reader. Take care.

    ReplyDelete