William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

August 05, 2010



Whoohoo!! I went and got my dough/pastry board yesterday!! I am so glad that it was still there :) It covers my whole stove top. I just need to put something on it to protect the wood, I have some minwax that I hope will do. I'm not going to paint it nothing as I love all the dings and marks in it, they give it character. And, I got it for 10% off so instead of paying $65 which really wasn't a bad price for such a big board, I got it for $58.50. Now I just have to find some prim decorations to display on it...do I smell another shopping trip, lol? I also picked up a cute wooden washboard soap holder with a towel rod on it. I don't really like it all light wood so I would like to stain it or something so that I can still keep the wording on it. What do you all think?
Anyhow, it looks like it's going to storm, so I'm going to get off of here for now. We need a good rain if it would just take away this awful humidity. I feel like melting as soon as I step out the door :P
Hope everyone is having a blessed week and take care for now,

~hugs ~Trish~

2 comments:

  1. Hi Trish, I love both your goodies. I love the stove board and at a GREAT price and the washboard also. I have a stove board and for all the different seasons I change it up. I have an old scale on my with a wooden bowl with real green apples and a wooden plate with a fly screen and prim goodies inside so you can see in throught the fly screen. You are going to enjoy your stove board, I do!

    Blessings.
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tricia! I do love my stove board :) We all have to get used to moving it every time we boil the kettle etc., but I look forward to decorating it too! I love your stove board and all the wonderful items you have on yours! I need to make one of those fly screens to keep all the flies that are coming out in this warm weather off our food, lol. I can't wait to have a nice display like your though on my board! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ~Trish~

    ReplyDelete