William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

September 04, 2010

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!! And just around the corner....school begins for another year! I'm betting there's going to be alot of very happy parents out there, lol ( I must confess, I'm one of them :D)
Not much has happened this weekend. Looks like we are done with the buggies, knock on wood. We are finally getting some rain and hoping the temps stay a bit cooler than they have been. I hate having the a/c's on and I'm looking forward to opening the windows and letting the fresh air breeze through....that is if the rain doesn't go on all weekend. Doesn't look like we'll be doing much other than last minute back to school shopping and I'm hoping to go into to meet Natalie from The Carriage House Antiques Shop in Bowmanville, if she's working, and maybe, if I twist hubby's arm, buy a thing or two or three, lol. I need to get some more craft supplies since I'm pretty sure I'm going to go nuts the first week of school with the kids not home and I need to paint our front door and maybe the back door and the side door, oh boy, the list goes on and on. Eventually I need to clean out the woodstove room and paint it before we need to use the woodstove and these are things much easier done with no kids around, lol.
My oldest daughter is going up to Kinmount with a friend for the weekend and to go to the fair, I always worry about her on the long weekends when they travel***SIGH***even though she says I worry too much! Next week is the Durham Central Fair and the kids are counting down the days, Thursday is cheap night so if the weather holds up, that's when we will go cause we all know how much it can add up when you go to a fair especially with 7 people!
Well, I guess I should get to bed, morning comes to quick. I hope everyone has a safe and happy long weekend!!

Hugs, Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment