William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

September 24, 2010

Hi everyone, well it's been a little bit since I was last here. I thought I would have lots of extra time to be on the computer with 5 kids in school, well I was mistaken, lol. Fall is definitely in the air although today was a shocker with temps getting up into the 30's and the humidity horrible. I actually had to turn the a/c on upstairs for a bit. Now they are saying that the weekend is going to be cool and so/so. We have tons of brightly colored leaves falling from the trees, I must admit, as much as they are pretty, I'm not looking forward to what comes after fall. I don't like snow... I must be getting old, lol. I hate driving in it and where we live, when it snows, it snows good and well, I'm usually stuck at home cause I hate it and I hate how alot of people drive in it! Oh well, we'll get to "that season" when we get there. So, I've been in the fall decorating mood, I've never really been into it before, but for some reason this year is different. I bought a few small squash for decorating and low and behold my kids said to me " are you going to cook squash?" and I'm like no, you don't like squash so I'm using them in my fall displays. Than I get "yes we do" and I say "no you don't, every time I cook it you refuse to eat it" . So I'm guessing I have to go to the market to buy some more squash to cook for them and we'll see just how much they eat, lol. Of course during the week I wandered into the dollar store for a few things and I came across some really nice fall leaf decorations that are vinyl and won't get wrecked if I put them outside. They don't look cheap at all and I wove them in with my grapevine swag thingys that I made to go over my doorways. I I am think I might go back for more. And I made some more grapevine stuff for inside and put the dried false sunflowers from my gardens in them and I really like how it looks as long as my cats don't get at them, lol. I am patiently waiting for some votive candle molds that I ordered from ebay, they shipped out on August 27 th and still haven't arrived. I've never had to wait this long for an item off of ebay before and it's kinda of disapointing. Hopefully soon.....
My kids have so wonderfully passed along the cold bug that they picked up from school... nothing says back to school like a cold. I have not been up to par lately but am getting there, so that's also another reason why I have been around lately. I have alot of catching up to do :)
I still haven't gotten my front door painted :(, hoping for a nice sunny day that no rain is expected in the forecast, haha. Anyhow, I think that's probably it for now, I hope everyone is well and have a wonderful weekend whereever you are!!

Love and hugs, Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment