William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

September 12, 2010

Hi folks! Well, the first week back to school was a success!! So far, everyone is happy with their teachers and adjusting well back in their routines. My youngest son met his teacher on Wednesday and he goes in on Monday to meet a few students that will be in his class ( they phase the kids in a few at a time over the first month) and he has his first full day of school on Wednesday. It will be a bittersweet day for me... after 15 yrs of having a child at home, I will be on my own every other day now... what's a mom to do??? Oh, I know... sit back, take my time at getting things done and finally get to some crafting that I've been wanting to start forever, lol. I am so used to having a child home every day that this is gonna be strange for me though, but I think I'll get used to it :) So as of now, I have a child in gr. 10, gr.7, gr.4, gr.2 and junior kindergarten.
We did get to the Durham Central Fair but not on cheap night. Hubby had to work late and by the time he got home, the kids were in bed and boy did they give a "what for" the next morning, haha. Okay, Friday was a much better night to go anyways and we had coupons for discounts for the rides so it wasn't as bad money wise as it usually is. And we skipped the games as hubby said the kids already had way too many stuffed animals, lol. We had lots of fun watching the kids enjoy the rides although I am feeling old after watching my oldest son go on rides that 20 yrs ago, I used to really enjoy... the zipper was one of them and the tomahawk. My stomach got queasy just watching him get on them but he didn't throw up!! I sure would have, lol. Oh to be young again!!
Today was a tad boring... hubby had to work at the ribfest in Oshawa around dinnertime. I decided to go out and pull out alot of vines that were growing on the front of my house. Last year I made wreaths with them so this year since they were so long, I made swags out of them. I placed a long one over our front door and two windows and another over our side door. I put one in our kitchen with some dried false sunflowers and black eyed susans. I'm hoping to get out to the dollar store and get some fall flower decorations to add to the ones outside since I'm on a fall decoration kick, lol. I also grabbed some discounted acorn squash to put outside for a display and I need to get down to the corn field to get some cornstalks to add to it. Next is painting the front door when it's sunny again. I pulled out the left over paint can that I used to paint our fireplace, it's a dark reddish color and I wanted to see how it looked against our blue siding on the house. I really liked it but my hubby said "oh no, not red", lol. I'm like, it's not bright red, it's a rusty barn red, it will look good and he just sighed. Men, they will never understand us, lol. Needless to say, I'm painting the door a reddish color and he's gonna like it or pretend to like it! :D And than, I just may paint the two side doors the same color...won't he just love that, haha.
Oh well, I guess I'm off to bed, hope everyone is having a great weekend and I'll be back soon!

Take care and hugs, Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment