William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

January 14, 2011







Good Friday morning everyone!
Well, it started off to be a late morning since I forgot to set the alarm clock last night :P We all woke up half an hour late but managed to get back on track. Everyone got to work and school on time! I decided to take my youngest son Kaedyn who is not in school today out to the hardware store to get some things for the pot rack that James is making. Since we are supposed to get a good snow storm Saturday, I figured he would stay in tomorrow and work on it :) I've been working on my kitchen table this week. Since I won't be getting a harvest table for awhile, I decided on a whim to stain my table and rough it up a bit to make it look older and more prim that it was. I also stained the seats of 4 of our chairs to match. I just have to sand and stain the last 4 chairs that don't go with the first 4, lol. The color of what the table looked like before is color of the 4 chairs that aren't stained yet. I really enjoyed working on the table and chairs and my hubby said he liked the color, so I'm pleased at how it turned out. What do you think? I've never stained furniture before so this is all new to me. Sorry the pics aren't too great, they are taken with my cell phone, lol. I also added a few pics from around our home. The sun was to bright to get a full shot of the front of our house, so I did took the one half. Than there is the barn, and lastly our dear horse Hobbins munchin on some hay. Of course he wouldn't lift his head up for his pic, haha. Anyhow, I'm off to finish some more chores, like bringing in the wood and feeding the chickens etc. Than I think lunch and a little catnap is in order. Hope you have all had a wonderful week!

Blessings, Trish

1 comment:

  1. wow Trish you have been busy. Love your house it looks huge. You have snow too, as I guess everyone does. Thanks for stopping by. I was wondering about you.
    betty

    ReplyDelete