William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

January 11, 2011

I'm a little late on this but.... Happy New Year!! May 2011 bring you many blessings :)
Well, there's not much happening here. The kids have been back in school since last Thursday and adjusting into routine. It's colllldddd here, right now -6 degrees celsius but that's not including the windchill. Last I heard we are expecting more snow. I must admit we haven't had a whole lot of it so far compared to other years but we still have lots of time left. I would love to say that being down in Florida with my mom right now sounds inviting but she said it's been so windy lately that she can't even leave her rental place to go anywhere and it's been chilly too. I guess I will have to be content on cozying up here with the woodstove keeping me toasty. Our latest project here is making a hanging pot rack which I'm so excited to start, oh wait, my hubby is making it, lol, okay, I'm excited to have it done. I have no room for the new pots we bought before Christmas and we found the perfect spot to put a rack up. My job is to make it look nice and prim, so we shall see what I come up with :) I also inherited an antique rocking chair from my mother and it belonged to her grandma, since my mom is almost 79, this chair is pretty old. It needs the seat recaned which I don't know how to do but I might try hand at it and it was painted a dark green long long ago so I don't know if I will try and restore the wood or leave it. I kinda like it the way it is but my mom looked at me funny when I said that, so we'll see about that too. I'm still re arranging things around here now that the Christmas decorations are down and trying to get rid of junk that is piling up in every corner, I hate messes :P
Anyhow, that's about it for now, I think I will go curl up in a nice warm blanket and see what the rest of the night brings. Hope you are all having a blessed week!

Take care, Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment