William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

February 23, 2012

Another storm is on it's way :P

Good Thursday morning everyone! You wouldn't know it to look outside that a big snow storm is due tonight and into tomorrow. The sun is shining and it's not too chilly out right now. I ran to the co-op this morning to stock up on feed for the pigs, chickens and horse, grabbed a bag of cat and dog food cause you just never know how much snow we are going to get. also picked up a bottle of Irish cream which I am enjoying right now in my coffee :) My son Noah went on a trip to Ottawa Tuesday with his school and they are due back around dinner time tomorrow, I really hope the storm is over by then as eastern Ontario is supposed to get it back and driving on the 401 can be treacherous, especially out that way. I will be on pins and needles til he gets in our door and is safely home. Tuesday was my hubby's 40th birthday, yep, we are finally the same age for a few months anyways, I may be older but he has more grey hair, lol. I cooked his favourite dinner, cabbage rolls and 3 cheese canneloni. My oldest daughter was here for dinner, she moved out a few weeks ago ( I am not happy about that as she's only 16), but it was a very nice visit and we shared lots of laughter and memories, and the kids missed her so much :(. I miss her too!
I have been lazy getting stuff done around here! My one cabinet is in the kitchen and the freezer is now in the storage room which is mostly painted. I haven't really gotten to decorating the cabinet yet, waiting for the perfect things to put in it and my kitties like getting in there and knocking stuff out so it has to be something non breakable...I swear they are like kids getting into everything! The big NASCAR race is on this weekend, my son Rhys has been counting down the days since it ended last season. Hubby is on call for work this weekend too, so hopefully he won't get called in during the race. I am going to have to find a hobby that gets me out of the house while the races are on, lol.

anyhow, I have added a few pics of the pigs (now over 150 lbs and ready to be put in the freezer), and our surprise hatch rooster, Rocky Jr. His mom randomly hatches out chicks in odd places every August, and Rocky is the only one that didn't get nabbed by coyotes or hawks. His daddy was a banty, hence the feathered feet, and his mom is a barred rock. What a combo eh?
Well, I need to bring in a bit more wood, so hubby doesn't have to do it when he gets home. Hoping you are all having a wonderful day and if you are in the snow storm area, stay safe and warm! We could get 10 cms or more :(

P.S. for some reason I couldn't load the pics on this post, had to add them up above on the layout of the blog :( I guess I have rearranging to do, lol

Take care and hugs,

Trish

1 comment:

  1. Wishing your son a safe trip home and your hubby a Happy Birthday. Thanks for the kind comment on my feed and seed sign. We ended up with lots of rain on top of the 6 or 7 cm of snow, so it is quite wet and heavy. Wishing you a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete