William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

February 17, 2012

Take the paint brush away from me!!

Happy Friday everyone! I really don't know where this week has gone, it just flew by! Actually, this month is flying by, hopefully spring will be here in not to time :)
Tuesday i ran to the hardware store to pick up some paint to fill in the space where we took an ugly wall cupboard off the kitchen wall where one of my new cabinets is going. Thank goodness that cupboard is down cause we were getting sore wacking our heads off the corner of it coming down our stairs, my husband got it the most first thing in the mornings getting up for work in the dark...all you would here is some rather loud cursing, lol. Anyhow, ended up painting the entire wall so that you couldn't tell where the edges were and now I am looking at the rest of the walls thinking I really need to wash them cause they are yellow compared to the new paint! Tuesday night hubby made an outlet in the storage room for the freezer and while rewiring it, he fell down the basement steps :( These are narrow stairs and he is quite sore from it. a little bruising and swelling in his arms but he is okay thankfully. so than I got the wise idea that the storage room walls needed to be repainted before we put the freezer in...by now hubby is rolling his eyes saying I was making more work for myself but I am thinking that if we are going through all this trouble to make it look nice, its better to do it now rather than trying to paint around all sorts of stuff...so off to the hardware store I went again on Wednesday and bought primer and more paint...this time I got recycled paint in a really nice medium tan color and it was only $17 for the big can...much better than the $32 for the other brand. Guess what I did yesterday?? Primed and painted 3/4 of the storage room!! I think I should be an interior decorator because I am pretty good a picking out the right colors and hubby liked it alot :) so after the kids went to bed, I decided to paint around the door trims with the same color, not just one door frame, but 3! Much easier when you don't have to worry about little hands touching wet paint by mistake. Than this morning I went and painted 2 more door frames ( we have 6 doorways off the kitchen including the front door) so I wanted them all to match :D What a difference it makes having fresh paint that compliments the wall color. I am done for now, I have a headache from the paint fumes, lol but I will share pics when all is completed! Hoping everyone is having a spectacular Friday and please say a prayer for friends of ours who lost their young son Gabe to MPS II Hunters Syndrome, very similiar to my son Rhys's disease, MPS I Hurlers. We having been losing alot of kiddos this past month or so and it breaks my heart knowing that one day it will be my child :(

Blessings and hugs, Trish

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to pictures. Hope your hubby gets better soon. The older you get the harder those falls are on the body.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can smell the paint from here. You are brave. I hate painting. About the only thing I will do is touch up's. I bet it all looks so great:) Too bad you hubby fell down the stairs:( I hope is ok. Can't wait to see the pictures. -Steph- p.s. will you give my your e-mail?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, I am still smelling paint :P I have a bit more to do in that room before I will share pics but so far we are pleased with it! Here is my email Steph, boyd.trish@gmail.com, I thought I had sent it to you when you asked for it before, but I guess I didn't, lol.
    ~Trish~

    ReplyDelete