William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

February 29, 2012

It's International Rare Disease Day!


My son Rhys, my hero, my inspiration! He has MPS I, Hurlers Syndrome




Good morning friends! Today is International Rare Disease Day, if you have something purple, wear it to show your support! Purple has always been my favorite color, so it's not a problem for me to wear something in honor of my son Rhys who suffers from a rare disease:)

I don't know where February has gone to, it whipped by so quickly! Today we are expecting a snow and freezing rain storm. It was to hit earlier this morning but now it's changed to around lunch time. The kids went to school so I am hoping the weather is not too bad for their ride home cause I can't go and get them :P Since it is so gloomy around here I am having a hard time getting around to get stuff done. My wonderful husband brought in the wood for me before he went into work saving me from slipping on the ice! Yesterday I moved all the furniture around in our bedroom, that was not fun when you have a small room and lots of furniture :( I need to straighten up my closet so I can shut the doors and tidy up my crafting area (which I want to move into a different room, lol), than our room is done. I also went to the goodwill store yesterday and found some more wooden bowls...can never have enough of them! I think I just might settle down and paint them and stain them, spring colors I am planning...something to brighten the house up. First I will sip on my coffee infused with Irish Cream, yum! to give me a boost :D

Have a wonderful day my friends,

Blessings, Trish

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing....Going to put on a purple shirt now .... I have a Granddaughter with Williams syndrome... a genetic disorder also...Blessings to you and your family....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Lindeelou!! I have never heard of Williams syndrome before but I am off to check it out :)

      Blessings to you and your family too,

      hugs, Trish

      Delete