William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

April 28, 2011

Good windy morning!! Yikes! We are under a wind warning and the wind is blowing at 80 km, the house is shaking, we have big branches down in the barnyard and stuff is flying everywhere. I hope nothing falls on the house as we have a very old tree not far from it that we need to cut down soon, and in this wind anything is possible. I can't even let my chickens and ducks outside today, they would blow away, lol. Hope everyone else is staying safe, near and far. There is crazy weather everywhere :(
Well Easter went great. Saturday, we went into Peterborough to visit with my mom and brother than we headed over to my sister Cathy's for dinner. There were 27 of us crammed in her small house. We even got to visit with my brother Pat who we haven't seen in a few years. The food was awesome, everyone brought stuff and by the time we left, I felt like I was 7 months pregnant, lol. The kids had an Easter egg hunt as well. The weather was perfect, hot! Finally spring weather!! Needless to say the kids slept VERY well :) Sunday we had my inlaws over for dinner and we had the traditional Easter turkey and ham dinner. YUM~ The kids had played outside pretty much all day again since the weather was once again fairly nice. Nothing says having fun like your kids coming in shaking sand outta their hair and shoes and dirty hands and faces, lol AHHH, to be a kid again :) This week has been really rainy. Tuesday Kaedyn was home and of course he wanted to go for a little drive so we just went to the town of Orono. He's my antique hunter. He found me an old berry picker and a long wooden masher thingy. He told me I needed to buy it, since I don't have a berry picker yet. He' s only 5 but I love that he is interested in antiques and knows what I like :) I will get pics up when I don't have to worry about the power going out! Yesterday I scooted out to birthday shop for my son Rhys who is turning 10 on Saturday. He's easy to buy for, just get him Nascar and MonsterJam stuff and he's happier than ever. Good thing that I did that yesterday as last night the brakes went on my van so I can't go anywhere...

Well, better get a move on still have things to do. Please stay safe everyone and have a wonderful week!

Hugs, Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment