William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

April 18, 2011




My first attempt at stitchery, lol. I did this free hand.
My red bowl that I found at the Goodwill shop for $1.75, I know it's not a real redware bowl but I like it! And these are the burlap birds I made last week.

Well, I hope alot of you had better weather this weekend than we did! Saturday brought us torrential like rain that was COLD! And yesterday, it snowed **sigh**. When is Mother Nature going to bring us spring weather??
I didn't get these pics up last week like I said I would... story of my life, lol. I got busy getting our taxes done, running back and forth to the city to bring papers home for hubby to sign since by the time he gets off work, the place is closed. And than I had an issue with my oldest daughter who is 15, who decided on Thursday that she was not going to come home after school like she was suppose to and than she stayed the night and didn't let us know where she was :( Let me tell you, I was worried! Thankfully she went to school the next day ( yes I called the school to make sure :). Teenagers... that's all I got to say...
Anyhow, I couldn't resist the pic of the calves in our barnyard, they will come right up to fence to see you but when you go to pet them, they run away. And of course a few of my ducks were following me. The pic of the chicken is of our banty rooster. I love his colors! Since we are getting some fertilized banty eggs, I think I am going to haul out the incubator and try hatching some. I missed hatching eggs last year. For those of you who have ever hatched eggs in an incubator, it's like being a mother all over again, lol. The waiting, and watching, and the candling to see if anything is growing inside. Even my kids get excited!
Well, I guess I should go and eat, some of my chores are done, til tomorrow when I have to do them all over again :P
Have a great Monday everyone!

Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment