William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

February 05, 2011

I hope that everyone survived the big snowstorm last week! We did, not as much snow as expected but it was windy so it drifted and I had alot of digging to do to make a path to the chicken coop and water bucket for our horse. The kids had a snow day as well but dear hubby had to go to work which was not fun driving as the roads weren't really plowed yet. We also had the lovely stomach flu go through the house :( After my last post, early that morning, I was horribly sick as well as my oldest daughter, ugghh. We couldn't move, not even to put wood on the woodstove. Thank goodness for the propane backup fireplace! Than Wednesday, my 12 yr old and 4 yr old starting the throwups one right after the other, I am so thankful that my husband has a strong stomach as I don't! Than Thursday, my 7 yr old daughter was sick. Friday was the only day that everyone was half decently feeling better and it was a P.A. day for the kids thank goodness. Today my hubby finally fell victim to the flu and has been in bed all day, poor guy. I honestly hope it is all over and done with because I need things back to normal!!
I'm so excited because 2 of the things I got of ebay arrived on Thursday so that cheered me up this week. I need to get a pic up of them but I have been so distracted with what's been going on,well, you know how it is, lol.
It snowed again tonight, very heavy at times and I shovelled our front porch 4 times before it stopped. I'm so sick of winter and snow and am eagerly awaiting spring to arrive! Yesterday it was mild enough that I heard the birds out calling and it was just a tease! Hurry up spring, I need to see green grass and flowers poking up from the gardens :)

Well, I hope everyone is having a nice weekend, I am enjoying the quiet as everyone is sleeping for the night, lol. I'm off to enjoy reading some more of everyone's blogs since I'm so behind!

Blessings, Trish

1 comment:

  1. Trish I am sorry you have all been sick. That is not fun for sure. Can't wait to see what cheered you up!
    betty

    ReplyDelete