William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

February 16, 2011

Tuesday boredom leads to....

Well, this morning Kaedyn and I got really bored! I've had enough of being stuck in the house doing laundry and other chores and I wanted to give Kaedyn a break from the video game stuff, lol. Plus, I've had nothing to repaint or redo since before Christmas. So we decided to brave the cold and enjoy the nice sunshiney weather and made a trip to Bowmanville to the local Goodwill store and also vist a good friend of ours, Natalie at the Carriage House Antique store. Of course we had to stop at Tim Horton's first, can't pass that place by :) The Thrift store was not bad, we found some goodies, wooden things for me to makeover, and some nice blue Ball mason jars, 50 cents a piece, can't beat that price! ( sorry Nat, I beat you to them :) ), and I got some other little jars with the glass lids and metal hinges on them, they will make cute jar candles, and of course Kaedyn couldn't leave without me buying him a bag of toy cars which I don't mind at that price. Than we headed over to Nat's store and had a really nice visit with her and her cute bulldog Buster... if I didn't already have 3 dogs, I surely would have brought Buster home with me, he was so sweet :) There I bought an old tin sap bucket and of course Kaedyn spotted another Hotwheels car so he just had to have it! He's getting really good at keeping secrets from his siblings and didn't tell them at all that we even went out :)
Tomorrow, okay it looks like it's already today..is suppose to be nice weather again and I will have no one home with me, so I think I will go out earlier to a few more thrift stores and see what I can find! I have been itching to be creative and make something etc., so hopefully I discover some more goodies to keep me occupied for a bit! And I know for sure that I will be stopping to buy batteries for my camera so that I can show before and after pics!!
Happy Wednesday everyone!!

Hugs, Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment