William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

February 01, 2011

Welcome to February!! Actually, I can't believe how fast time is flying by, it seems like almost yesterday that it was Christmas.
I had a pretty good weekend even though it was a tad chilly. On Sunday, I had the wonderful opportunity to finally meet a friend of ours that has an MPS disorder similiar to my son Rhys's. We have been trying to get together for awhile now since we only live about 20 mins from each other, but things always seemed to come up etc. I was so happy to at last meet Justin! He is 29 and an inspiration to us for all the things he has overcome and it gives us an insight to what is ahead of us for our Rhys. Rhys had been sick for a few days so he was not able to meet Justin, but when I got home and told Rhys about him, he asked me if he could email Justin to invite him here to watch a NASCAR race when it restarts in just a few short weeks. I thought it was so cute and so did Justin, so Rhys is planning on emailing him very soon. The computer is Rhys's best friend since he can't print on his own very well, but he knows how to run a computer better than I, lol. I cannot wait for the 2 of them to meet! :)
Our weather forecast is looking very snowy :P Yep, that snow storm that many of you guys down in the states are getting is heading our way with lots of snow. Sometime over Tuesday night and Wednesday morning we will be looking at **icky white stuff** and Wednesday is likely going to be a snow for the kids which doesn't happen very often here as we country bumpkins know how to deal with snow and schools are almost always open even if the schools in the bigger cities aren't. I cannot wait for winter to be over myself. Lugging in wood and feeding the animals in freezing, windy weather isn't really my cup of tea but since I'm the only one home during the day, well, let's just say, "lucky me" :(
I wanted to wish my mom a Happy 79 th Birthday on February 2nd, she's down in Florida til April, lucky her! I wonder if she will see her shadow since it will be Groundhogs Dog, haha!

Guess I'm off to bed now, everyone stay safe and warm!

Hugs, Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment