William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

August 13, 2011

Dough bin?



So I finally got my treasures home from the auction! Hubby has been working late all week and he had the truck, lol and on top of that the weather has been rainy until today so after work tonight we sped over to the auction building and loaded up the 2 items. I really don't know what this is but it does resemble a dough bin. It's too deep inside to have been a cradle and it is solid and doesn't rock. I think I will display some of my quilts on it for now :) Hubby asked where I was putting it...since I just got through getting rid alot of junk in the loft area upstairs, thanks to the help of my 16 yr old daughter, I now have space up there for it. I can just see her eyes rolling when she spies something cluttering up her "cleaned area" :D
I think I have decided to paint the wash stand black, hubby actually agreed with me this time, hehe, so since it's supposed to be a somewhat rainy weekend, I think I will make that one of my main projects. If anyone has any ideas of what I think is a dough bin really is, feel free to let me know!
Have a wonderful weekend every one!
Hugs, Trish

1 comment:

  1. Still looks like a dough box to me!! (But crows aren't terribly smart, you know...) ;o) Hoping you're having a great weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete