William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

August 02, 2011

Picnic in the park...

Well I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend and for my Canadian followers, a happy Civic holiday long weekend! It was nice to have 3 days off for my hubby to spend time with us and we got some really good family quality time together :) Saturday began with an early wake up from the kids eager to start on our road trip and we were outta of the house by 10 a.m. , right on time! We headed up north and were in Huntsville by 12:30 taking the longer route but way more scenic but unfortunately we were not able to get out and take any pics as the 2 lane highway was very curvy and there were few places to pull over. We passed by so many beautiful peaceful lakes and hubby wants to win the lottery so that we can get a cottage up there. In Huntsville, we stopped at McD's for lunch and got to stretch our legs and sore bums from sitting. Than we headed up to Burks Falls, another beautiful small town and we searched for the house that my grandparents lived in. Couldn't find it lol, but I think I was 8 yrs old the last time I was there so it has likely changed alot. I knew it was near a railroad track and a river but dang it we just couldn't pick it out even though I remembered what it looked like back then. We probably drove by it a few times and just didn't recognize it. We were only 80 KM's away from North Bay... truely up North!! Thought about continuing to go there but decided to head back home because we didn't want to be getting back too late and we didn't want any accidents from the dogs when we got home! So we drove back through Gravenhurst and Bracebridge and Orillia which by the way took us alot less time because it was a different highway and we were home by 5:30. Next time we will leave earlier in the morning so that we can get out and walk around and see the sights! Sunday we were planning to do some more things but Rhys was feeling icky and had the runs so we didn't go anywhere but by Monday he was feeling much better and he wanted to go on a picnic. We went to Orono, a town 10 mins away and went to the park there and the kids had a blast playing in the creek and hiking up the trails and than we had a bbq with the portable charcoal bbq Noah won a few years back. I forgot how good hamburgers and hotdogs tasted on a good old charcoal bbq! After some creek splashing and crayfish huntin we packed up or stuff, went and picked up our oldest daughter from her friends, grabbed some Timmy's coffees and $1 milkshakes for the kids and went home. The kids said that this was the best day of summer so far :) We will definitely be going back to the park again and stay longer and it's free!
Well that was our weekend, time to start a new week and look forward to any adventures next weekend! We have PT again this week for Rhys and lots of driving back and forth taking the kids here and there. Can't wait for Friday to arrive :) Blogger is being slow at uploading pics so I will try again tomorrow!

Hope you all are doing well and take care,

Blessed hugs,Trish


  1. Sounds positively delightful, Trish....Wow - can't remember the last time I went on a picnic or had hotdogs on a charcoal grill....You're filling my head with all sorts on wonderful ideas!! Glad you enjoyed and made some wonderful family memories....Have a great short week! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

  2. What a fun time and wonderful memories! My son used to love to go on picnics. Hugs,Jen