William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

August 16, 2011

I got spoiled!! :D




Good morning everyone! Another beautiful sunny day here and the windows are temporarily wide open again before it gets to hot out. There is a beautiful breeze blowing and I'm trying to air the house out from painting my drysink,lol. Yesterday was a nice surprise again waiting in the mailbox just for me! And no, it wasn't bills!! (for once). I had ordered another bonnet from Lecia over at Farmhouse Prims. I had asked for Lecia to pick one out for me to surprise me. And she didn't disappoint me!! :) Of course I knew she wouldn't because all of her bonnets are beautiful and perfect! And to bot, they arrived in just one week! The postal service was kind to me not to make me wait too long :) And she even sent me a cute little ditty bag to hang with the bonnet and a beautiful card with a sweet note in it. And the picture on the front of the card was of her bonnets hanging out on her clothes line to dry( You have probably seen this pic on her blog!). I am so proud to be a Canadian who owns 2 of Lecia's wonderful creations! And you all warned me about how addicting her bonnets are, and you were all right!! Well that topped my day off and made my Monday turn around since it wasn't going so great before that. Thank you Lecia, my prim friend, you are truly special! The pic of the bonnet is on the left hand side, of course it's hanging beside the other one she made me. I have to find a better place to display them!
Hoping everyone is having a delightful Tuesday. I'm off to chase a coyote out of the barnyard and put my chickens and ducks back in the coop before they get snacked on!
Have a fabulous day!

Prim hugs, Trish

3 comments:

  1. Love your new bonnet!Lecia is so talented !Hope that you were able to prevent the chickens and ducks from becoming a snack.Have a great week,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your second Lecia bonnet!! (Told ya!!) ;o) Well, the good thing about them being addicting is that we're all in the same boat of addiction...and no one will ever, ever, fault you for wanting more! I think they look great where you have them! Dang coyotes...we have a virtual infestation here - and we don't have any chickens or other fowl...I worry about my little shih tzu tho every time he goes out! Happy, happy, Tuesday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said it Robin! Glad I'm not the only one with the addiction for Lecia's bonnets! :) My chickens and ducks were safe for today...darn coyote showed it's face twice :( In the past 2 weeks I have lost 6 chickens and a duck due to hawks and coyotes and I'm afraid to let my kids go out and play with the coyote so close. It always shows up when hubby isn't home! So much for free ranging them, I guess I need to build a chicken run...maybe my weekend task!
    Thanks for the wonderful comments ladies!
    Hugs, Trish

    ReplyDelete