William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

August 08, 2011

Happy Monday evening :)

Hello everyone! I hope everyone's week has started off good! Mine was not so bad, at least we did not need the air conditioning on for once and I was able to open the windows up wide and let refreshing air in. I hate having the house closed up with the a/c's on, it gets so stale inside.
Well , weekend went well. I can't believe my hubby let me go to another auction, lol. I had mentioned on Thursday and he rolled his eyes at me. So I didn't mention it again til Sunday morning around 7:30. I looked at him and asked him if he had any money since I wanted to go and since he was still half asleep, he said okay :) So I dragged my 13 yr old son Noah outta bed ( much to his dismay, but he needed to get out of the house and do something since all he does is lay around and watch t.v. and pester his younger siblings) and off we went. And hubby had to get up and watch the rest of the kids when he wanted to sleep in, hehe. It wasn't a huge auction, but oh my it took forever for the little things like jewelery and figurines to be sold, like 1 1/2 hours and we got tired of standing so we took a seat for the good stuff to begin. I won a wood box or so that is what they described, but it looks more like a big antique cradle that doesn't rock, lol, so I'm thinking it might be an old dough or flour box without the lid?? Oh well, i got it for $2. I also finally got a washstand/dry sink for $22.50 and another crock. I don't have any pics yet as they are still at the auction hall because it was raining so hard and I could not get the darn tonneau cover for the truck off to put anything in it, so I have to make arrangements to go and pick it up when hubby is done working sometime this week. I can't wait to get them home and when I post pics, maybe someone can tell me what the big wood box thingy is, lol. I also got a brand new unopened mitre box kit for $3, was thinking of hubby when I got it and how he might be able to make me a few things :) and I can use it too when I make my homemade soap which I really need to make more of...I only spent $52 outta the $100 hubby gave me so he was happy to get money back! I really wanted a set of Salt Box houses pictures that you hardly ever see around this neck of the woods but it got too high in price and I knew my limit, but after I was done I was kicking myself for not getting them cause I still had money left over, lol. Oh well, next time, hehe.
Well, that was it for my adventure this weekend! Hope everyone had a great weekend and a good start to the week,

Lots of hugs, Trish

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I can't wait to see pics of you winnings. Glad you got money and a free sitter. That's a good day. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I can't wait to see pics of you winnings. Glad you got money and a free sitter. That's a good day. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see pictures. I am with you on the air off and windows open!Have a great one.
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun day and sounds like some fun finds....sure does sound like a dough box to me - and if it is, that's a heck of a price...They're tough to find around here. Your hubby is so sweet to have given you some spending money and watch the kids to boot!! Now that's a good man!! Looking forward to seeing your pictures....Wishing you a week filled with blessings....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get the items home and post pics!! I'm so excited :) Yes, I have a wonderful hubby that babysat for me, and he got to spend NASCAR time with the kids so it was a win-win situation!!
    Hugs, Trish

    ReplyDelete