William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

March 06, 2012

Goodwill shopping succesful...pics to come soon!

Well my morning went very well, lots of goodies but my wallet did not like it, lol. I ventured out today since I won't have a vehicle tomorrow as our new to us van is getting some work done to it. I took my 16 yr old daughter with me, yes I let her miss morning classes at school..what an awesome mother I am right? Well she needed some clothes and she is always begging me to take her to the second hand stores, so off we went. She found some really nice used high end shirts and they were on sale for a couple of bucks... many were American Eagle brand and up here in Canada these tops are worth top dollar, she also got a really nice winter coat, another top brand, for $3 and she picked up a few things for her boyfriend. I paid for them and she is paying me back once she get paid from her work. Thank goodness she was with me, she spotted something she knew I would like and shouted to me to come over to where she was...she had found a splatterware enamel pitcher and plate (these were large) and they matched a large basin that I had won at an auction before Christmas. They are green and white....I think the green caught her attention since it's one of her fav colors, lol. I also found some more small wooden bowls for me to paint, a wood country picture frame, some mason jars and a mason jar mug with a rooster on it, a large bean pot, and a smaller reddish crock thingy and 3 Leap Frog learning devices with the games and booklets to go with them. Also scored 2 yards of red and white stripe ticking material on half price which I think I will attempt to make a table runner with for our kitchen table. Of course there are a few odds and ends that I can't remember, lol...see I told you I got alot! Hoping to get pics up soon of my goodies :)

Hope you all had a wonderful day and have a great night!

hugs, Trish

1 comment:

  1. Wow sounds like you hit the jackpot!Can't wait to see the pics.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete