William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

March 21, 2012

Hi everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your day!  We had another warm, sunny day here, in fact it was too hot! I like this weather but it is too soon for it, we aren't able to slowly get used to it. My daughter Brynn came home from school early feeling ill from the heat and I was getting a horrible headache and neck ache and felt sick to my stomach from it.  It got up to 25 degrees here celsius, but the humidity made it feel hotter. This weekend it is supposed to get back to normal temps, 8 to 10 degrees for a high... I think there are going to be alot of peoples sick from the drastic change in the weather :(
Tomorrow is a busy day for me, my son Rhys is finally getting his leg braces! I have never seen a kid so excited about getting the braces, he said he would wear them to bed, lol.  As long as they work and help to turn his legs back into proper position, I will be happy as he walks with his legs and feet turned out and he is flat footed...a side effect of him having Hurlers Syndrome :( Oh well, they are being custom made with Mario from the game Mario Kart...Rhys got to choose!
Monday I am getting more chickens, a friend of mine and called to see if I would like to have hers as she needed to find a good home for them. There are different types, some silkies ( I have wanted one of those forever), and Americaunas, and a Polish cross,lol. They lay blue/green eggs. I will post pics when I get them :)

Well, I need to get to bed....I finally broke down and opened the window tonight for sleeping, hope those silly frogs don't keep me awake!

Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

hugs, Trish

5 comments:

  1. Lifting you and your dear family in prayer friend. Oh so exciting is new chickens. I love silkies.
    Blessings Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish,

    It has been near 90 degrees here all week! Soooo hot and humid! I don't know what we will do this Summer.

    Now we are looking at severe storms with abundant rain. We need the rain though as they say our area will have another exceptional drought this Summer.

    Glad your son is excited about his braces. I pray they will do the job for him.

    I have three hens left and they are producing but I think a few more girls will be in order in a bit. I love to 'talk' to them in the early morning. It is so funny!

    Have a great day.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be thinking and praying for you and your family!It has been in the upper 80's most of the week here in Ky. How fun to be getting some new chickens.Silkies and Polish are a couple of my favorites,but then I never met a chicken I did not like.LOL!Have a great day,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Trish - and happy Spring! Sounds like the weather is being strange all over the place. We've had record-setting temps too here (mid to upper 70's - although it's the coldest dang upper 70's I've ever felt.....very few windows open for me, and no short sleeves yet!) Supposed to cool down over the next several days to the 60's - but that's still warm for March! And I LOVE going to sleep to the frog songs!! Congrats on the new chickens! My friend used to have chickens that laid the blue-green eggs - I loved them! I'd blow them out and use them in my spring decorating......but one of my kitties has managed to break each blue-green egg (the regular ones he left alone) and my friend no longer has those kinds of chickens. Hoping and praying that things go smoothly today for Rhys - glad he's excited about the braces and continues to be so they can do their job. Hugs & Spring Blessings ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all ladies! Rhys did awesome with his braces and is already getting used to them :) We have to buy new shoes for him now so that the braces will fit into them better and they have to be the good ones, not our Wallyworld shoes, lol. ***sigh*** I am cringing at what the cost is going to be :( Oh well seeing his smile and enthusiasim (sp?) towards wearing them makes up for it! Robin, I wish I knew how to blow eggs out, I would send you some when they lay them! Super hot again today, thunderstorms on the way to cool things off. Have a great night!!

    hugs, Trish

    ReplyDelete