William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

March 30, 2012

On a mission...

Good evening everyone! It's been a busy week for us here. With the chickens arriving Monday and our piggies going on Wednesday night ( what a chore that was!), the weather has been cold and raw and we are to get a snow storm tonight :(   Starting April 1 rst, myself and a bunch of other MPS parents are on a mission...to lose weight!  we have 2 months to try and reach our goal and for every pound we lose, we donate a dollar to the National MPS Society to help research and find a cure for our children!  I have lost 4 lbs since the weekend, yippee, my goal is to lose 20 lbs but I will go for more, lol. I have been taking our 2 dogs for 30 min walks almost every day this past week, on top of yard work and house cleaning...did you know there is website that gives you how much calories you burn, even doing house work?  It's awesome! I am also on a 1200 daily calorie diet...not easy to stick too, and here I am eating doritos and having a beer, lol, I am hungry!! But in the end, it is so worth it!  So wish me luck on my newest adventure please :)

Hoping you all have had a great week and have a wonderful weekend, hoping the weather is good for us and that we don't get too much snow, we want to get more work done on  our front porch!

Have a great night everyone,

hugs and blessings, Trish

7 comments:

  1. Trish,

    Snow? It is in the mid 80's here! Hot and humid!

    Good luck on the weight loss. You can do it!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish ,sure hope I don't hear the snow word for a long time.I am wanting to start my vegetable garden soon,LOL! Congrats on the weight loss!Have a great weekend,Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ladies for your wonderful encouragement! It truly means alot to me :) We ended up avoiding the snow storm thank goodness! I turned out to be a pretty nice day....keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way, lol.
      hugs, Trish

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your weight loss Trish. I bet you can do it. I am trying to lose 10 pounds before the wedding, but with a trip to Disney and a trip to Destin, I dunno. I posted a picture on my blog and it should motivate me. I was shocked when I looked at it.lol Starting back to Curves tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty! I know you will do great at curves, have fun! :) There is a reason why I don't post pics of myself, lol, I might scare people away!!
      have a great night,
      hugs, Trish

      Delete
  4. We were busy coop building but I am with you and trying to lose a few. I always put them on from Oct-Jan. Now need to lost them. I lost three pounds this week but need to get serious this week again after I just had a rootbeer float. Love all your chickens. Wish we could keep a rooster but can't in our city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your chicks and piglets are staying warm and cozy and that your weather improves soon. Congratulations on your weight loss and for donating to such a great cause, it's not easy but you are doing great! And the occasional 'treat' is just fine, you can't deprive yourself all of the time :O)

    ReplyDelete