William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

July 30, 2010

Another late night and I can't sleep, lol, so here I am !Well, it's been a busy week around here. Tuesday I took the kids over to pick our new chickens and we ended up staying there for 2 hrs. My wonderful friend brought us down to the creek that runs behind their home and she was showing the younger ones how to look for fossils in the small rocks. Of course my sons had a blast throwing those stones into the creek and making big splashes and it made me smile to see my 9 yr old son Rhys, who has a rare genetic syndrome called Hurlers syndrome aka, MPS 1 get so involved! Anyone who has a child with a disability will appreciate the littlest of things that will make their child smile and have fun! By the time we got home, the kids feet were soaked and they had to change their wet clothes but it was a blast :) The kids than patiently waited until the evening when our new chickens were delivered to us, 3 americaunas (ee's) and 6 banty's. They all have feathered legs to boot which we have never had any chickens like that, lol. I am seriously thinking of getting some more since the banty's don't grow too big and heck, if I' m the only one taking care of them, who's gonna care right? Wednesday turned out to be a on again off again rainy day so not much happened around here. We tried to stay in as much as possible as the humidity was just horrible. Today though, was just perfect. There's nothing better than having the windows wide open and letting in a beautiful breeze come in and letting the kids play outdoors without sweating to death. I wish the whole summer could be like this, but somehow I don't think it will be! Tonight I painted the wooden magazine thingy and it needed 3 coats of paint to make it look good. Well, I only had enough to do 2 coats so the dollar store here I come to buy more paint, lol. Since this weekend is a long weekend( whoohoo), gotta love all these long weekends and this one is the civic holiday,I am hoping that I can get pics up of all the the treasures that I have painted and the curtains that I have made and since we will have 2 kids less this weekend, maybe I will get to go antique/prim shopping again...hint hint :D

So that's it for now, and Lori, I will get those pics up of my curtains a.s.a.p!! Hope everyone has had a great week!

take care and hugs, ~Trish~

No comments:

Post a Comment