William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

July 20, 2010

My new crocks, washboard, butter paddle, masher and cheese cloth curtains...





Good afternoon all, I have posted some pics of the things that have been collecting and the cheese cloth curtains that I made. The curtains aren't fancy, lol but they do the trick. Until my husband can put a proper rod up on the door ( it's a steel door), I looped the twine through the holes that were in my mini blind brackets and flipped the material over the twine and tied them back on either side. Now seeing how dirty the door is, I really need to repaint it, lol. Anyhow, I did find some goodies and the butter churner was from here, that someone had put outside when we moved in. The lid was very rusty so I spray painted it and it's as good as new! I am slowly adding to my crock collection :) Now to figure out where to display all of these lovely things! I'm trying to figure out how to get the pictures up under where I posted so for now they are at the bottom of the page.
This is just a quick post, I'm waiting for my 7 yr old daughter to picked up to to a friends for a play date. I'm sure I'll be back later tonight to fiddle around with my setup here. Thanks for stopping by and following!

Hugs, Trish

2 comments:

  1. The curtains look really good, Trish! You have some amazing treasures there. I really like the crocks and the butter churn. The washboard, butter paddle, masher and rolling pin are all really great too. I think I'll be stopping by WalMart sometime soon and getting me some cheesecloth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lori! The curtains were so easy to make although they didn't go as dark as I would have liked with the tea stain. I may try the coffee stain to see if it goes darker. Don't know about your Walmart, but around here, all the stores phased out the fabric department so I had to go to just a normal fabric store, but I got it at $1.75 a meter, so it's really cheap! I wanted to get more crocks but my hands were full so I will have to back without the kids with me :)

    ReplyDelete