William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

July 16, 2010

Well, we dodged the storm last night, I was actually looking forward to some rain to get rid of the humidity, but no such luck. Today is just as hot! It's hard to get in the mood to do anything in this heat, even though we've been hanging out inside with the a/c's on. I'm barely getting to my house work and with 5 kids, there is alot of it to do. Hopefully this weekend will prove to be a more creative atmosphere. I am in the middle of sanding my kitchen table and chairs to repaint them and give them a more primitive look, ***sigh*** it's taking me awhile to do. I have also been working upstairs in our loft area and trying to tidy it up. It's hard when you have no closets in the house and tons of stuff that you have nowhere to put. Plus, it's just me working on it as my husband works all week. One of these days it will be all done. I am also hoping to buy some cheese cloth to make some curtains for our front door window, and maybe enough to some other windows as well. They are so simple to do and you don't even have to sew them. We shall see just how much I get done around here, lol. There is never enough time in a day to get things completed.

Hopefully I can get a few pictures of the farm up as well, if my 14 yr old will be nice enough to lend me her camera usb cord, I musn't go into her room without her permission!!

Well, until later, enjoy your day everyone!!

~Trish~

2 comments:

  1. Hi Trish. It's nice to find a fellow Canadian on here. I found your blog through "A Primitive Place". It's one of my favourites too! I am new to blogging as well so I may not be the best judge..but I think you are doing great here. I am now a follower and look forward to learning more about your house and farm. Have a look at my blog...we are farmers too!
    Lori (Yearning for Yesteryear)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, thanks for the kind comments! It's nice to another Canadian here too :) I'm going to pop on over to your blog for a visit! Thanks for following :D

    ReplyDelete