William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

July 26, 2010

Hello again! Notice I post later at night? It's the only time my kids are all asleep and I don't have to fight for the computer, lol. We had a wonderful time visiting our family on Sunday, I wish it could have been longer :(, but none the less, it was good. My kids got to see there cousins that they haven't seen in about 4 years and it was nice to hear lots of laughter from the kids playing, and from the adults reminiscing of the good old times when we were growing up. I can honestly say that when we got home, 3 of my kids were so tuckered out that they went to bed early and slept all night!
Today I have been busy ( okay, when aren't I busy?). I coffee stained 15 meters of cheese cloth and made 5 pairs of curtains,I like the coffee stain much better than the tea stain. So all of my kitchen windows have cheese cloth curtains in them, I placed then behind the primitive toppers and cafe style curtain panels that I already had up and I like knowing that the gap between the topper and panels is filled in now. And I put some in our bedroom windows as well behind the flannel plaid curtains that I had made out of flat bed sheets. Now I can keep the plaid curtains open and know that you can't see directly in the middle of the windows but still have lots of sunlight. When I bought the cheese cloth this weekend, the lady told me I was the "CHEESE CLOTH QUEEN", LOL. ...just wait til I go back in there to buy some more for my livingroom windows, haha. Apparently they sell out of the fabric in the autumn as hunters buy alot of it for when they go hunting, so I won't leave it too long before I get more :)
So tomorrow I am going to go a friends house and pick out some EE chickens ( americaunas) and some banty chickens that she is giving for free as she has too many. Ah yes, just what I need, more chickens, but I have been wanting to get some different breeds for SO long that I couldn't pass up the opportunity!! I still have not ventured down into the creepy basement to bring up the huge crock that is down there, I guess that should be on my list for tomorrow too!
Well that's it for now, until next time, take care,

~Trish~

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you enjoyed your visit with family, Trish. There's nothing like spending time with the ones you love. Did you take any pictures of the curtains you made for kitchen and bedroom? I'd love to see them.

    Have a great evening
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, I did get some pics up of my curtains :) I like my bedroom curtains made of flannel as they really keep the wind out during our really cold winters, I'm sure you know what I mean, lol. and they look so cozy! Hope you had a great weekend :)
    ~Trish~

    ReplyDelete