William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910

William and Henrietta Boyd, picture taken before 1910
The very first Boyd's to live in our home, my husband's great great grandparents..now I know where my youngest son gets his looks from!

July 21, 2010

Oh my, did we ever have some wicked weather today!! It started of nice and sunny and not a cloud in the sky, so I hung my 2 loads of laundry out first thing in the morning. Well, it started to get cloudy so I thought I'd better get the laundry in and as I was doing that it started to spit rain and thunder came roaring in. I barely made it in the house and it just down poured. Than the wind picked up and it was so bad that the rain was literally going sideways and the trees were bending over. I thought for sure the roof was going to start leaking like it did the last time but luckily the tar that my husband had painted on the seams of the roof held out and no leaks, YAY! My daughter had texted me and said there was a tornado warning, and I'm thinking oh great, with this wind I wouldn't doubt it but we have nowhere to hide as we don't have a basement other than a dirt floored creepy spider filled crawl space which my kids would never go into, lol. Luckily it passed but our driveway looked like a river and the road was starting to wash out a bit. Than the sun appeared and it was eerily calm. Than of course 20 mins later, another storm went through and this went on all afternoon. I hate being in constant severe weather warnings, but it looks like it's going to be the summer for that :( My youngest kids were supposed to play t-ball but the fields were big puddles so we didn't go, they were not too happy, lol. Anyhow, during the rain, I managed to paint a bathroom shelf black with leftover paint, it was one of those cheap shelves but it looks much better and will do until I buy a nicer shelf and than I'll dress it all up nice and prim!
I'm going to my hometown this weekend to visit my mom and my brothers family who is visiting from Killaloe, Ontario. We haven't seem his family in about 3 yrs. My mom is giving me her old sewing machine so that I can start sewing crafts etc. and an antique desk that belonged to my great grandfather and I'm sure she is sneaking in a few more things as she's trying to clean her house out, shhh, don't tell my husband, he has no idea we are bringing stuff home. I'm not telling him until we get there so that he won't roll his eyes and complain :) I've been wanting to start sewing again, but haven't had a machine, so I'm excited to be able to start making some prim goodies!
I'm hoping the weather is nice tomorrow so that I can go out and take some pics of the farm to post here.
Well, I guess that's it for tonight, hope you all had a great day!!

Hugs ~Trish~

No comments:

Post a Comment